Lyons Early Childhood School (LECS) is administered by a School Board whose membership comprises the Principal, elected staff and parent representatives and a nominee of the Education Directorate. Elected members usually serve for a period of two years.
The major functions of the Board include:
- Determine the educational policies to be implemented at the school.
- Assess, from time to time, the needs of the school in relation to the provision of buildings and facilities, equipment, staffing, and make recommendations to the Director General (of the Education Directorate) with respect to the meeting of those needs.
- Determine the purposes for which funds made available for the school are to be expended.
- Make recommendations to the Director General in respect of the use of the buildings, facilities and equipment of the school for purposes other than school purposes.
- Develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations.
- Make recommendations to the Director General on matters relating to the school.
Responsibility for the implementation of policies established by the Board rests with the Principal.