Fostering family support and participation
Research shows that when families are involved in their children's education, children's school experiences are more positive and successful.
As LECS, we welcome parent involvement and we acknowledge it as a powerful influence on children's achievement at school. We value the role of parent as the child's first and most important teacher. We recognise families as partners in the education of their children, and provide families with the opportunities and support they need to become involved in the life of our school.
We encourage collaboration and networking across the LECS community.
- We welcome you as a volunteer at school, helping in any way that works for you and supports your child's learning.
- We want you to be an active partner in the decisions that effect your child and family. Through the School Board and the P&C, you can ask about and have your say about any aspect of our school.
- We help you and your child learn. We offer Learning Cafes to provide information and share current research about education in the early years.
- We promote and support parenting skills. We work with a range of agencies to support you in your important role as parent of a young child.
- We listen to you! We introduce communication strategies that work best for you. It is important to us that communication between home and school is regular, two-way and meaningful.